Monday, March 7, 2011

Dev Channel Update: 0.11.227.0

Update: It appears Google may have pulled the 0.11.227.0 update. After recovering my Cr-48 this morning (needed to test something on beta channel) I've been unable to get the 0.11.227.0 update again even after forcing update checks repeatedly. Hopefully the issue isn't to nasty and we'll see updates resume soon.

I talked about what to expect with 0.11 this morning and sure enough, the first 0.11 dev channel update is upon us. The new window switcher icon is present at the top right of the screen. WiFi ad-hoc mode should work also though I haven't had a chance to test it yet. If you have, let us hear about it in the comments.

I expect we'll see quite a few updates to dev channel over the coming weeks as Google brings in new code for the 0.11 Milestone release of Chrome OS and then works to get things stable again.

9 comments:

  1. Ok the "official version" URL got reset again this morning. It was briefly responding with a HTTP 500 error and now the version numbers are back to matching. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm trying to error proof my alert script for the HTTP 500 errors.
    http://cros-omahaproxy.appspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0.11x aesthetics: It seems to me like the omnibox suggestion drop-down entries have become bolder, and I have an easier time reading them, on this build. Is it my eye sight, or has anyone else felt the same way?

    @Don. So did Google pull the 0.11 release? I ask because I'm failing to see a 0.11 version at the cros-omahaproxy URL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep ad-hoc mode works now thank god. So I can tether now with wifi tether on my phone. Not that I didn't hack my fascinate enough so froyo on it I can usb tether with as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cougar Yeah that URL is the only way I know of to check the release and it was posted to the official Google group a couple weeks ago. I have a little shell script scheduled to run roughly every 20 minutes during east coast daylight hours, then it tries to email and txt me the new version numbers. The URL had some sort of glitch last night followed by it posting the new version. Then this morning is hiccuped again and then went back to this ver 10 release again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regarding the update to this post, it looks like every time I close my Cr-48's lid, I have to start up from scratch, once I open the lid again.

    I wonder how much of a factor this bug(?) may have played in Google's pulling the update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the update last night, and my CR-48 proceeded to hang. The only solution was to switch to Developer Mode and then back to Basic Mode. Since then, I've had no issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My version monitoring script just dinged me:
    OS , BROWSER, CHANNEL
    0.10.156.46 , 10.0.648.116 , dev-channel
    0.10.156.50 , 10.0.648.127 , beta-channel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed the 'window switcher icon' when I updated my Cr-48 earlier but I had no idea what it was until I found this blog. It needs some sort of mouseover text. (like "1 window" or "2 windows")

    ReplyDelete